Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious Dating > Relationships
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nervous about becoming the father of my gf’s kid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Nervous about becoming the father of my gf’s kid

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barranquillawomen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nervous about becoming the father of my gf’s kid
    Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:27pm
Nervous about becoming the father of my gf’s kids. Need advice!!!

I met a single mom of two from Colombia. We met on A Foreign Affair. Knowing the type of man that I am, I wouldn't really consider myself as “dad material.” I’m not really good with kids and I have zero experience in taking care of one.

After 2 years of communicating, I realized that she’s the one I wanna spend the rest of my life with. The problem is I’m not sure if I’m ready to be a father. I have so many questions going through my head. What if her children don’t like me? Can I even take care of one? What if her parents don’t think I’m the right person?

I’m getting older, and I’m not as physically capable as I used to be. I worry about my girlfriend and her children if the situation needs me to be the man of the house. Living arrangements are definitely at the top of the list if things turn out okay. I’d want her and her kids to live with me here in the United States. I’m worried her kids might have a problem moving to a foreign country.

I have already talked to her and her children over video call. They know that I’m their mother’s partner, but we don’t really know how things would turn out if we were under the same roof. I’m going to see her soon for the first time and tell her that I want to be a part of her family forever.

Aside from proposing, are there other things I should worry about? Is there some sort of tradition in Colombia I should know about regarding engagements? I’m desperate to get this done right and I’m really nervous! Any sort of help and advice will gladly be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic