Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious General Discussion > General Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mom is grieving. I don’t know how to console her
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Mom is grieving. I don’t know how to console her

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregy26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mom is grieving. I don’t know how to console her
    Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:14pm

My dad just recently passed away a few weeks ago and after all the silent grieving, my mom has finally started to speak again. One night, she and I were having dinner together, just the two of us, and we got into the topic of her past with my dad. She told me how they first met through a new years party dating service event they both worked in and when they started talking, she knew that he was the one. They proceeded to have a wonderful dating period and soon later after that, they got into a married life together. She continued to tell me all about his accomplishments in life and how she’s so proud of him. She explained on and on how he was a great man and then started to cry.

Ever since the talk, she’s been crying every night before she goes to sleep. I feel bad that I might have brought up the topic and led her to open up some fresh wounds. I don’t know how to console people and I really want my mom to feel better. Can someone give me some advice on this?

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic