Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious Dating > Ask a Guy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Doomed due to current job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DustinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doomed due to current job
    Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:10am
Life's been pretty secluded for me due to my work history. I use to be in the army stationed in Germany and didn't quite fit in with the type of women that hung around the base. Needless to say I stayed single but didn't mind it due to being able to go out frequently with the other guys in the barracks.

After 5 years of that I tried the college thing for awhile and dated off and on, nothing serious. I quickly realized college just wasn't the lifestyle for me and took a job as an over-the-road truck driver. It's long work days and a lot of time spent moving from place to place with very little time spent back where I live in Virginia.

I'm 26 now and realizing I haven't had a steady relationship since I joined the Army back 7 years ago. I'm not getting depressed on that fact or anything; however, I am attempting to find someone to connect with on a more emotional level. 

I've met a few interesting women here but it always seems to go the same way. We email back and forth for awhile, explaining my job and what it entails, for a smaller percentage I moved to phone conversations and everything seemed to be going great. Even managed to set up some dates in the future for a point when I would be back home to meet them; however, after awhile contact just seems to fade away and we both go our separate ways.

I like to think they just met someone else they can be actually spend time with and trust me I don't blame them for it at all. I just wonder to a wider audience of women that will read this would you ever want to try to connect with someone who would force you into a long distance relationship right off the start, and do you think because of the obligations of my work I'd be best off trying to find someone using a different means so they could meet me first then enter the e-mails and phone calls instead of the other way around?
Sponsored Links

spock180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spock180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 7:27pm
i think you want the     ask a girl  
your in the men  and  i would say  i have been  in the long distant thing  for a year  and  it  could be that  she is tired of sitting at a comp  when  she  feels like doing thing like watching a movie while cuddling..  and  the distance does take a toll    there is not alot of emotion in text  but  web cams  can be really fun.  but nothing beat  spending actual time togather.  so  i guess  youll  just  have to find  a girl  who is like you  and always on the road  such as yourself

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic