Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious Dating > Dating Advice
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Send money or visit instead? Need opinions please!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Send money or visit instead? Need opinions please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atruelove201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Send money or visit instead? Need opinions please!
    Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 9:34pm

I have a dilemma. I have a long distance relationship with this wonderful woman overseas. It's been going for two and a half years but I haven't met her yet. We've been contemplating meeting in person for months and I'm wondering if I should send money so she can visit or I go to her instead?

For some background, the woman I'm dating is from Odessa, Ukraine and we met through online chatting. It was from this site called A Foreign Affair It was recommended to me by friends who actually met their wives through the site.

I'm not "buying" a person, I'm only using the services. I talk to my gf on the phone with the help of a translator. That was a year ago, I'm getting better with my Ukrainian and she with her English We can communicate fairly well without help.

I want to know if it's safe to travel in Ukraine during December? I wanna spend the holidays with her. It's always been Skype and telephone calls in the past two years, I was thinking we should spend time together in person.

It’s not that I don’t trust her, it’s just I’m not sure if I want her to travel alone by herself coming here in Colorado. She did say that she will be fine and I know she can do it, but I dunno, I kind of feel iffy about it.

Tell me guys, should I visit her in Ukraine or should I just send her money to have her travel here US? Any advice will greatly help. Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored Links

algogo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote algogo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2017 at 10:33pm
I think it is better to visit her in Ukraine. Hopefully you may get to meet the family or friends. I think for the ladies safety is the primary concern. Plus she will be more comfortable in her home country than being a loner in Colorado. I am going through the same thing and I suggested that I visit her at her place and meet the family. It also gives you the opportunity to see the person in their own daily lives. It's assurance for both of you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic