Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious Dating > Dating Advice
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - She told me she loves me. I’m not ready. Advice?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

She told me she loves me. I’m not ready. Advice?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacob143 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She told me she loves me. I’m not ready. Advice?
    Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 7:26pm
I’m in a situation where I should be over the moon but I’m not. Well, I don’t really know how I feel. The story goes like this. My girlfriend and I were talking over the phone last night when out of the blue she just dropped the “Love” word on me. She told me she loved me and I got caught off guard. My response was “you too,” just something cordial so I could give a response at that very moment.  She didn’t seem to mind, though.
We’ve only been together for six months. My friend went on a romance tour and I tagged along as a tourist. While he was at this event, I went out and eventually met this girl. We had a lot of fun together and we kept communicating even after I left. That’s how we got together. It’s quite a sweet story for me, to be honest. However, no matter how sweet this is, this still doesn’t mean that I already love her. It could lead to that but not now.
I’m afraid to tell her that I’m still not on that level yet because she might get upset. Do I have to say the L word too even if I don’t really mean it? Won't that be even worse than not saying it at all? I think I can dodge her for a while but I know eventually I would have to explain why I'm not saying I love you back. I'm confused here. I need some advice.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic