Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious General Discussion > Science and Technology
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Entertainment Addictions and Adulterous Kids

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freeonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entertainment Addictions and Adulterous Kids
    Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:42pm
Entertainment Addictions, The Adulterous Generation

Many People over the years have been voicing concern over the psychological mentality of the modern day generation. People are becoming more impersonal to levels even involving their families and don't quite understand why it is occurring. We live in a generation where pleasure is gratified on a whim and we receive it at lightning fast speeds. This American instant gratification addiction would seem like such a heavenly blessing to someone in a rural country setting without all the luxuries of the modern fast paced world.

Are Americans really drunk on the wrath of their fornications, are we all guilty of this sin, because of the overwhelming opportunity constantly manifesting before our eyes? How exactly is it effecting us? Are we not paying attention?

In modern day Germany, we still see a highly disciplined society that pays attention to just about everything, and to us, it seems like a snails pace, drives us nutty to wit, we make comments about being at our grandparents house. Why is that? German technology is (LG) is some of the best hardware a person can buy in the world and there is a reason for that. The people there take their time and do not rush things whereby not concerning themselves with instant gratification like we do. We have become so intoxicated with our pleasure that it is clouding our logical judgments. It seems lawlessness abounds in our land, and being that we are realizing that we are part of the same sin, we are having a difficult time trying to convince others to curtail their addictions. As we have appeared the same way others do who suffer from entertainment addiction how do we find our way out of this mess, stumbling around and all.

First of all, we need to look at the root of what entertainment addiction is and how it transformed American society into a wicked adulterous generation. Firstly, if we know everything about the things that we do, before we do them, then we don't make assumptions about what we are doing, thereby feeling more accomplishment and sound mind. Now let's take into consideration the elements of society that are addicted to receiving everything the quick and easy way. Do they care to know anything about what it is they consume or participate in just as long as its gives them momentary pleasure? Would that not heighten the level of juvenile superego (constantly making assumptions) thus rendering the receiver of consumption incomplete? When we think out our years of television and computer use, can we say we really know everything about the inner workings of that technology, but just blindly use it for entertainment? Is it the same way with our food, the words politicians use to woo us into an abstract ideal that obeys no physical characteristic of God's real world crashing down upon us because we don't understand it? How do we find our way out of all this abomination.

Years ago, in the 1980's, there was a governor in Texas named, Mark White. This man was a dedicated believer in the educational role of parents and schools in the State of Texas. Believe it or not, he was a Democrat. A far cry from the lesser ideals of the modern day Democrat, Mark White, coined a concept that could of saved our very way of life that Christian fathers intended for Texas, "NO PASS, NO PLAY." I was around in the 80's and I remember this new call for discipline was not welcomed by many people that I knew as they were already infected by entertainment addiction. As it seemed like a really good idea to me at the time, I witnessed almost everyone I knew become affected by the rejection of this really powerful message the governor was trying to the people.

My question I leave with you all is, "Knowing we could not possibly elect a principled man of this likeness in this generation, what can we do as Christians to help ween people off their entertainment addictions without seeming overbearing in our efforts, knowing we have stumbled as much as all others who suffer as well?                   
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:44pm
That is addiction is a natural inclination that God put in us but modern man has tried to fill-in with endless amount of distraction. The only true substance that can fill it is the Spirit or the presence of God that we encounter in worship. We can't wean anyone from addiction. We can only replace one with another. And there is nothing better than to be an addict of God and the things of God.
Jason View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:51pm
Wow you sure wrote a long wall of text! Big smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:54pm
LOL True that
simplycomplicated View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplycomplicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 7:12am
Originally posted by freeonline freeonline wrote:

My question I leave with you all is, "Knowing we could not possibly elect a principled man of this likeness in this generation, what can we do as Christians to help ween people off their entertainment addictions without seeming overbearing in our efforts, knowing we have stumbled as much as all others who suffer as well?                   

Stop believing in an authority that doesn't exist and start taking response-ability for self regulation
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic