Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious Dating > Dating Advice
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to break to my college-age daughters that I'm
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

How to break to my college-age daughters that I'm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atruelove201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to break to my college-age daughters that I'm
    Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 9:49pm

I am a middle-aged divorced father of twins that are currently of college-age. I have decided to start dating again a few months ago after years of being single. The truth is, the woman I am in a relationship with is at the same age group – early 20’s. I obviously love my daughters to pieces but I am unsure how to break this news to them. I know that they want me to date for a long time since I divorced but I think there would be some awkwardness considering that I’m dating someone barely older than them.

I am dating this beautiful woman from Moscow, Russia and how I found her is pretty interesting. I communicated with her via this website called A Foreign Affair.

I’m just seeking advice for how to tell my daughters that I’m dating again, but I feel the need to tell a bit of background just so you guys know where I’m coming from. I am a white man from Key West and I’ve been divorced for about 9 years and I’ve never had steady relationships since then. It would always end after a few months. There were some good moments and experiences but they were really BAD relationships that I feel grateful I got out of.

Normally, I would go elsewhere to ease the loneliness, but I decided I want to chat with real women, and that’s how I found the website. I think they were the first on the search engine so I just clicked.

I was chatting with multiple other women, but the woman I am dating now stood out the most. I’m normally not attracted to women half my age but there’s just something special about her. We just clicked even though we barely had anything common. I was curious to know if I was experiencing the real deal so I phoned her. Unfortunately I don't speak Russian but we got along fine because she knows basic English . I knew I was falling in love and I hadn’t even met her yet!

It’s weird. I decided I just really didn’t care but I do care about the opinions of my twin daughters. How do you think I should tell them? I know they want me to be happy but it doesn’t lessen my nervousness. Please help me. I need your opinions on how to deal with this. Thanks. -Roger

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic