Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious Dating > Relationships
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What to do when your parents and future in-laws do
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

What to do when your parents and future in-laws do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetman03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do when your parents and future in-laws do
    Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 8:52pm

What to do when your parents and future in-laws don't get along? Need advice!!!

I met a girl on one of A Foreign Affair’s single’s tour. I was very interested the first time I saw her. I had the time of my life while visiting  her country. After I left, we continued exchanging messages through e-mail and hit it off. I was already 33 years old when we met, and she was 25, but age difference never mattered.

Just 18 months after my first visit, I decided to see her again, and make her mine forever. Long story short, I proposed, and she said yes. We were happy with the progress of our relationship. We told our families the news, and they were just as excited as we were.

Her family wanted us to marry in their hometown and I chose to give in to their request. This was the first issue we’ve had to deal with. My mom got so mad at me for agreeing with them, saying I should’ve asked them first. She actually wanted us to marry in the same church that she and dad married in. Was I wrong to agree with my fiancé’s parents that quick? After making amends, my family supported me and travelled with the third time I visited her.

What I thought would be an exciting time turned sour real quick. The first time  our parents met, it was a total disaster. Our mothers kept bickering, but at least our dads didn’t give us any problems. My fiancé and I discussed the issue of our parents. We argued a few days before I returned home because of our parents’ incompatibility.I don’t want to disappoint her but didn’t want to disappoint my parents.

It’s starting to put a strain on our relationship just as we finished working our papers for marriage. I don’t know what to do. Should I just ignore our parents? Should we wait until they settle their differences before marrying? I don’t want things to go out of hand especially since our wedding day is coming up. Any advice on my situation is very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic