Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious Dating > Relationships
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My parents don’t believe in our relationship bec
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

My parents don’t believe in our relationship bec

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetguy18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My parents don’t believe in our relationship bec
    Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 8:34pm

My parents don’t believe in our relationship because of the age difference, need advice please!!!

I just want to clarify, my parents are good people. They don’t mean to be offensive, I guess they’re just not used to the concept of such a large age gap between partners. For a bit of backstory, my girlfriend and I have been dating for about 2 years. We met on this site called Loveme, and as far as relationships go, this might be my best one.

She’s really intelligent, sometimes it feels like she’s smarter than me. She’s funny, and just hearing her voice on the other side of the line can turn a bad day around. I see a future with this woman, and it’s amazing. Now here’s the catch: she’s 26, and I’m 38. We don’t see a problem with it, age really isn’t an issue. Our friends are genuinely happy for us.

But when I introduced her to my family a few months ago, they completely closed themselves off from our relationship. They think it’s “improper” that I’m dating someone so young, and everytime they call, the first thing they ask is if we’re still together. I want them to be happy for us, especially since I’m planning on proposing. Their support would mean so much for our relationship. Have any of you experienced something like this? How did you guys handle it? Any advice would really help out a lot.

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic