Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious Dating > Dating with children
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need advice on dating a woman that has a child.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

I need advice on dating a woman that has a child.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joseph23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need advice on dating a woman that has a child.
    Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 5:02am
I met this amazing lady through A Foreign Affair. She’s a 28 y/o Filipina with a 5-year-old daughter. We are still at the stage of getting to know each other and have been corresponding at least 3 times a day.

Everything is going really well between us but I am a little taken aback by her daughter. I don’t mind dating someone with a child at all as long as I know there won’t be any problems with the “other party.”

That’s where I need advice… she did open up about having a daughter, what she does for a living and her family, but she never opened up about the father of her child. I need to have an assurance that there won’t be any problems when things become serious between us.

The father of her child will always be a big part of her daughter’s life. I’m willing to compromise with that, but I need there to be boundaries.

I most certainly don’t want to suddenly get involved in something that may eventually become unpleasant.

I like her enough to want to know about these things. Before things between us become serious, I want to know where I’ll be getting at. Am I rushing things?

I’d like to meet her in person as soon as possible. I’m a little skeptical about months long of only exchanging letters.

I want to get a hint of assurance and start from there… I really need advice. Help me!

Sponsored Links

kaitlynlily6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaitlynlily6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 9:17am
It's okay to be honest about your feelings before eventually meeting her in person. I think she's old enough to understand why you need to ask her about "the other person" and the part he has in their lives. Just explain you two need to start in a clean slate and she will understand that you are serious about the relationship. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic