Forum Home Forum Home > Dateolicious Dating > Relationships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Depressed girlfriend. Don’t know what to do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danz28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Depressed girlfriend. Don’t know what to do
    Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:33pm
I’m struggling right now with my girlfriend. The last time we talked she said she that she thinks that she’s depressed. I asked her why she thinks she does because she doesn’t look like she is, but I can never be too sure. I don’t know how to respond to her or deal with her without hurting her feelings. 

I care about her and her state. She’s my first girlfriend after that failed relationship with someone I met during one of those foreign matchmaking socials. I feel so helpless when she has these “episodes.” I need some advice on how I can help out my girl. We’re currently looking for therapists in Michigan area. Can someone suggest a good but not so expensive one? I would really appreciate your help. 
Sponsored Links

kaitlynlily6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaitlynlily6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 2:36pm
Try to get her out of her usual routine. Travel to places, let her enroll in yoga/meditation classes, watch movies, hike/bike/swim. Get her to do activities she likes to do or are new to her that would keep her mind busy. If it's her work that makes her depressed then ask her to take a leave from work, if it's from relationships, ask her what's bothering her. Therapists would help a lot but try to talk to her and see what causes her depression.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic